B.Voc. (Tourism and Service Industry)
The travel and tourism industry is booming in India. India had the second highest total tourism GDP contribution in Asia – Pacific, behind China in 2016 (Statista). No wonder this sector directly provided more than 25.4 million jobs in India in 2016. The course provides hands on training in travel and hospitality industry through local travel agencies like Travelmate, Amsham Travels, Bonjour Bonheur, Yatra Tours, Evergreen Tours & Travels including hotels in the Union Territory. Familiarisation Tours (FAM) is organized for the students to gain exposure to tourism products and services like Mahindra Club, Le Pondy, Ideal Beach Resort etc. Activities to enhance the students knowledge base is promoted through celebrating World Tourism Day and Guest talks by industry experts. The students of this course also have opportunity to participate in International exchange program CCIP sponsored by US Department of State and International Bureau of Educational & Cultural Affairs in the US.
- This industry faces a shortage of over 200,000 trained persons annually and the existing institutes currently churn out 12,000 trained manpower and hence the course would provide a sizable talent required by it.
- The application course aims to familiarize the students with a brief background of tourism, its concepts, development and scope with special reference to India.
- Considering that Tourism Industry is experiencing a phenomenal growth world over, a student who has studied this course would be equipped to work in a Travel agency or as a tour guide and also inspires the participants to start a travel agency.
B.Voc. (Retail Management)
This course assumes immense significance as the retail sector in India is rated as being the fifth largest in the world and is one of the sunrise sectors with huge growth potential and accounts for 14-15% of the country’s GDP. Comprising of organized and unorganized sectors, Indian retail industry is one of the fastest growing industries in India, especially over the last few years. According to the Global Retail Development Index 2012, India ranks fifth among the top 30 emerging markets for retail. The recent announcement by the Indian government with Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in retail, especially allowing 100% FDI in single brands and multi-brand FDI has created positive sentiments in the retail sector and enormous need for skilled and trained professionals.
- To equip the learner and retail professionals with the theoretical and practical know-how applicable to the industry.
- To develop the essential skills required to meet & participate at the front end and back end to cater to the growing requirement of the organized retail sector.
- In this way create a sizeable talent pool of skilled professionals for the Indian Retail industry.