Placement and Career Guidance Cell Members
1. Principal i/c - Convenor
2. Dr. A. Bharathy, Assistant Professor, Department of Management Studies - Member
3. Dr. M. Subbiah, Assistant Professor, Department of Performing Arts, PU - Member
4. Dr. C. Suresh Kumar, Assistant Professor, Department of Visual Communication - Member
The central objective of the Pondicherry University Community College is to match education with employment. It has a Placement Cell that strives to train the students in enhancing their employability skills. The Cell maintains linkages with the industries in and around Puducherry to enable placement of students through on campus and off campus placements
Industry professionals are invited to enrich the knowledge of our student community by providing hands on training in soft skills like Personality Development, Goal setting, Resume building and other life coping skills. Efforts are taken to periodically organize workshops on qualitative and quantitative aptitude, group discussion, Interview facing tips, Communication skills, etc. to make the students competent to face the challenges on the job front.
Career awareness sessions on Animation, E-publishing, Tally, preparation for Bank / SSC CGL exams / CAT/ CENTAC / IAS / Company secretary course, etc. are offered to the students in association with the industry to inform them of the career prospects in varying sectors of our economy and make them industry ready. The college is also processing employment information relevant to the students through its alumni network.
Our students in the past have been placed in the best of the companies including Infosys, Wipro, IGACE, Accenture, Williams Lea, Sutherland, TCS, CTS, Integra, Mphasis, Eureka Forbes, tech Mahindra and other premier organisations.
The placement cell undertakes the following activities:
- Enables placement of students through on campus and off campus placements.
- Career awareness programs are regularly conducted on diverse areas like company secretary, Tally, e-publishing, medical transcription, media and entertainment, jobs in government sector etc.
- Opportunities for Higher education in fields like MBA, MCA, M.Com etc. and orientation to entrance examinations like CAT/ MAT/ XAT is conducted.
- Soft skills training programs are organised to develop their overall personality and develop their life coping skills.
- Motivational talks to inspire the students to set high goals and reinforce right attitude and discipline.
- Entrepreneurship development programs are conducted to groom entrepreneurial talent.
- It also links the students to the campus placement drives in the neighborhood colleges.